What is Alcohol and Alcohol Consumption?
Alcohol is beverage which acts on the central nervous system of humans. This is drink is full of addictive qualities that has been used for long times in many divergent cultures. As it is addictive in nature therefore Alcohol abuse has serious social and economic effects as well as a high illness burden. Drinking alcohol or alcohol consumption has a risk of developing many health problems which includes mental and behavioral disorders.
How does alcohol affects the personality of human?
Alcohol is having a severe impact on human. It basically affects the personality of the being .three ways of the affecting.
In this article we will discuss about the physical damages caused by the alcohol consumption.it is a potent chemical which used as beverage from decades. it can negatively impact indirectly on every organ in your body. Example of these affected organ are brain, heart, liver, muscles and bone.
Alcohol Consumption: Short Term and Long Term Side Effects
The side effects of alcohol on human body are basically categorized on two types.
- Short term side effects
- Long term side effects
What are the short term side effects of alcohol consumption?
The risk of numerous dangerous health disorders rises immediately as a result of excessive alcohol consumption. Following are the some of short term side effects which caused by the excessive alcohol consumption.
- The most common and well known disadvantage of the excessive alcohol drinking is injuries takes place due to road accidents.
- Domestic Violence, murders, suicides, sexual assaults, and violence against intimate partners also observed in the heat of moment due to excessive drinking.
- A emergency related to medical conditions caused by excessive blood alcohol levels is alcohol poisoning.
- Risky sexual practices, such as having sex without protection or with several partners also in occurs due to excessive drinking. After excessive drinking central nervous system does not responds properly.These actions have the potential to lead to unwanted pregnancy or sexually transmitted illnesses, such as HIV.
- Fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASDs) or stillbirth and miscarriage in pregnant women also seen occurs due to over drinking of the alcohol.
What are the long term side effects of alcohol consumption?
As a result of heavy alcohol consumption so many long term side effects observed in the human body. Some of long-term effects of alcohol includes chronic illnesses and other grave issues, like increased blood pressure, cardiac ailments in man and women, kidney related disease, heart stroke, liver disease, and digestive system issues, can develop over time.
Following are the important side effects results due to consumption of alcohol for a long time. These side effects are known as the long term alcohol consumption.
- Cancer of the so many organs may develops due to excessive alcohol consumption. Mostly affected organs are rectum, liver, colon, mouth, throat, esophagus, and breast.
- Weak immune system and decrease in the immunity of human results in the increase in the chances of getting sick.
- Problems related to the brain like memory loss and difficulty in learning, dementia, and decrease in academic performance.
- Mental health issues like anxiety, depression and sadness .
- Social problems with peoples who consumes a lot of alcohol includes unemployment, family issues, bad behavior at work place.